Musical Milliner

May 21, 2010

Tesori? Laundry Lost and Found

Filed under: Faith,Kids and Family,motherhood — by Musical Milliner @ 1:01 pm
Tags: ,

Having fallen far behind in laundry chores, I made a deal with myself that if I focused on the task and made significant progress, I would indulge in one evening of not worrying. About anything.

Those of you closest to me understand my attachment to worrying, often about things over which I have little or no control. The worry is how I work at the problem, searching for some logical or rational solution, or even a smidge of greater understanding. It’s not a good habit and is often counter-productive.

Now I feel guilty for worrying. Oh, for Pete’s sake!

Because I am trying to get through the job, I hurried the first load, neglecting to check pockets before the wash cycle (yet another sin). As I pulled the stuff to go into the dryer, I found the following:
* pocket comb
* leather pouch imprinted with “Flagyl I.V., in which lives
a masculine manicure set- go figure
* Sephora lip gloss in Precious Pink
* Hohner “C” harmonica

And I made $20.00, freshly laundered.

P.S. Second load presented a hoodie with a disposable ice pack in the pocket. No complaints from the troops of any injury.

(c)GoshGusMusic(ascap)2010

7 Comments »

1. Dude that is my cash. Not my lip gloss. What’s Flagyl I.V.?

Comment by Bernie — May 21, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

2. Imagine how much different your blog would’ve sounded if one of the washed articles was an iPod loaded with all of your favorite music?

Comment by Jon — May 21, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

3. “Bernie”, we’ll talk.

Comment by Musical Milliner — May 21, 2010 @ 3:54 pm

4. Jon- Oh, man… Clean iPods are very bad. I did rescue one during the preliminaries once.

Comment by Musical Milliner — May 21, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

5. Flagyl is a strong antibiotic with a carcinogen effect in mice and rats.

Comment by susan stoltz — May 22, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

6. Once I put the laundry in and went back five minutes later to add a towel and there was my 8 year old son’s hamster swimming for his life….it had been in his robe pocket.

Comment by susan stoltz — May 22, 2010 @ 4:53 pm

7. Susan- OMG! The visual is so clear.

Comment by Musical Milliner — May 22, 2010 @ 5:07 pm